Saturday 29 November 2014

Day 16 and 17 - New York

Update 18/10/2015 - Hi everyone, this is very long overdue, thanks in-part to my laziness and Kathryn's laptop which contained the photo's being broken. It's now been almost 12 months since we went away so I've been getting very nostalgic and looking back at this blog. So I've finally got a free Sunday today and I'm finally going to upload all the remaining things I have.

Saturday

This is an entry that I've written in the last few days. Naturally there is not much I can remember. On Saturday we went shopping. I got a map from a website called superfuture which has some good city guides aimed at a young audience (I used to use these a lot about 10 years ago when first dabbing into streetwear). We got the subway to 14th St on the A-C train and visit the West Village first. This was a really nice area and full of classic 3-4 storey terrace that you see in most American TV and films. The streets where a bit leafy and the streets not in the usual grid layout as it is a slightly older part of NYC.

View from the street in West Village

We visited a few shops on the map, spent some money and had some cocktails and dinner in a small tavern type bar in Soho.


Inside of place we had dinner (I can't remember the name!)

Sunday

This was the day we visited the Natural history museum, Central Park and 5th Avenue.

Unfortunately the park was a bit boring as there was a lack of anything interesting going on. The trees had lost their leaves, it was cold and gloomy and there wasn't many people about. Kathryn gave me a run down of the various buildings and who owned them. It was pretty cool to finally see The Plaza hotel featured in Home Alone 2.

Outside Central Park

Front of Natural History Museum (left) and exhibit (right)

Kathryn with festive dinosaur! (left) And walking down 5th Avenue (right)

Later on in the day, Smiti came back from Washington and we went out for dinner and watched an American football game. She expained to us what was going on and we had a really good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment